Geforce 6800 LE graphical problems

nvm452

Solid State Member
Hi,
I have a intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor with 512 mb ram and a geforce 6800 LE 128 mb videocard. This is way better then the recommended system requirements for RyL and Rose online.
However,
when i try to play those games, black lines appear through my graphics. I asked other players if they had the same problem but they didn't...
Can anyone tell me what i've got to change to fix this problem?

Have u got the latest drivers in place, this may be causing this!! Also r u overclocking the card and is it overheating??? It cud b artifacting u see!

yes.. i have the latest drivers, and i haven't overclocked the card...
what is artefacting?

Artifacting is where little errors appear when playing graphically challenging games!!! especially wen its overheating!!! Have u checked to see fi its over heatin!!

If your card only has a heatpipe, which some do, get a cooling fan for your gpu or a pci slot fan, overheating may be the problem, make sure youre drivers are up to date to, are you using stock NVIDiA drivers? because omega drivers may help, they are mainly for OC'ers though, you never no it may work.
here is the link to omega drivers.
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

There might even be a chance that its faulty. When did you get it? Has it only started happening recently?

I bought it at the same store where i bought my pc and I don't think the card itself is broken...
overheating is probably the problem... my pc tends to reboot itself and i think that's also because my processor is overheated... I have 2 fans in my pc though... 1 for the video card and 1 regular fan.
Is there a way to make them rotate faster or something... so they cool more. And what is a normal temperature for a gfx card/Processor?

eunice said:
what is overclocking? how can you do it?

OC'ing is basically increasing your CPU or video card's performance. For nVIDIA, you can DL CoolBits or RivaTuner (just google for the sites). When overclocking anything, the most important rule is to BE PATIENT. That is very important...take things one step at a time.

Back
Top Bottom