The best socket A mobo-dont go crazy there is a budget!!

ardy891

Daemon Poster
Well i've replaced my mobo twice now an the pc tech guy sed it was mainly because the design of the mobo was bad and that every time i started the system with my gigabyte 3d cooler rocket pro in place it would short out because a capacitor was so close the h/s and fan!! So now i've got another dead mobo, I need to replace it with something that is under £50 or $80!!! Please send links so I can see the organisation of the board!! Oh and I would prefer if it was an nforce 2 mobo!!

Thanks in advance

ardy89

P.s. I was kind of leaning towards and Abit NF7-S!

I must admit this is another board I had in mind!! Wat Heatsink/fan do u have aces??
And also do u beleive the explanation my pc tech guy gave me, ur a pc repair man right!! Does it sound like the heatsink touching a capacitoor could nacker the board!!

Sorry for the double post but I have to reply!! Thaks for that zoomtm but that board was a little bit out of my price range, I f i come up with the extra money I will definitely consider it!! Strange colour btw!

I have a volcano 11+ Xaser edition, but i've just ordered a volcano 12 extreme edition because my volcano 11 is dying ( may it rest in peace, i've had it a good two years) how big is a gigabyte rocket? last time I checked, they were just tall and not wide and what mobo's have you had? that tech guy could be right if the capacitators were really close to the cpu socket, which is the case on some boards, but capacitators hold electricity right? and if something touches them they generaly dump that electricity(if you touch them while they are on, it could cause death burns, or worse, constapation :p) but they only usually dump when something presses on them quite hard, but they do blow up if they get to hot, it's very messy when they do. If your gonna get a new mobo, just try and make sure that the capacitators arent super close to the cpu socket, they can be relatively close, but insanely close isnt good.

The reason y i aint goin 939 is coz it wud mean buyinga new cpu and i dont have the money for that!!

heh, I also use MGE coolers, i forgot to tell you about, it's a little silenter than thermaltake, it will put you out about 30 bucks though :( it's called a subzero k7 edition, or something like that, it uses 3 heatpipes and they work really well, it's just i like having a nice big chunky thermaltake fan instead (so i dont use that fan on my personal comp), it makes people go ooh, ahh, and why the hell is that thing so noisy :). but anywho if your gonna get a zalman two things, first off they are freakin huge, secondly, they dont use a three clip system, so you can only use them on motherboards with cpu mounting holes (it's rare to find a socket A mobo with mounting holes, very rare) they are mostly on socket 939, and most intel mobo's. just a warning about zalman.

Back
Top Bottom