Hardrive

FR170

Solid State Member
Is it possible to install a hardrive that I had as a back-up in my old system and read it on my new system without formatting it.

I tried all of the jumper settings and when I turn on my system it request that I install a boot disk to proceed > I will say that I have installed on my new system a Asus p4p800 se mother board and I am utilizing the serial ata connection for new hard drive and this is my boot drive, I installed the secound drive > whick is a maxtor on the ide ata slot with the standard cable. and connected on the cable as a slave device?

I have my dvd & cd rom hooked up to the other ide slot that is reccommended for cd drive installation.

Any hints

One

it may crash your system if you just try hooking it up, but if you get a external usb 2.0 enclosure then just pop that hd into there, and read the files from it.

When you install a new hard drive (even if it used), your mobo (the same as mine) makes that disk the priority one disk, thus it becomes the boot disk! So what you have to do is go into your BIOS and change the hard disk priority and make the hard disk that has the operation system be the primary disk and boot disk. For some reason every time you install a new drive the BIOS of that mobo makes it the primary boot disk even tough it me be empty.

Back
Top Bottom