Freezes, Just Stops.

Duzz

In Runtime
Currently I have a problem which has been on my computer for about 2 month now since I just built this computer. The Computer Freezes when run at 2.2 GHZ. Just stopped. Here are my Specs of computer.

ASUS A7V600-X Mobo
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1gig Mushkin Ram DDR400
ATI AIW X9600 128mb
Heatsink Cool Master Jet 7

Alright this is what I have tried to do, not much but I have tried.

Bought a new Heatsink, CPU was running 53C now running 43C. Mobo runs constant 28C

Ive Read forums saying run this program and run that. But I havent Done that, the only program that i ran was CPUIDLE. That I dont even know what its doing so probualy useless. (UDATE CPUIDLE SUCKS ARSS)

Ive switched the ram slots around. Didnt help. It registers at 1024 ram, 1 gig. so not much to say about that not sure what my problem is to be quite honest. Whish I did so that I wouldnt have to run my CPU at 1.1 to get it to run games.

That gets me to another point, It freezes no matter what could be just loading up and freeze, playing game yeah its going to freeze. But when I run it at 1.1ghz im cool. Dont know what to do next please if anyone knows how to fix this or anything please let me know.

Duzz.

Flash your Mobo bios, maybe it isnt reading the processor correctly. and what kind of 3200 do you have? a barton or a t-bred? you may or may not have the fsb set right if it's a t-bred.

From what I read of your signature, your problem may just be in with your hard disks. Is your BIOS AGP aperture set right, and also what kind of speed do you get out of those hard drives PIO or DMA 5!

To tell you the truth im a complete newb to computers. But i know where to get the bios for my board but dont know how to flash it, but ill give it a shot. ill bet the bullseye dont worrie.

It is a barton and realy im not to sure what my settings are supposed to be on. Ive been wondering if i need a new power supply or something, just aint enogh juice to run it that high? i dunno. We will find out. But im going to go to Asus and download the newest bios for my computer and install it.

if you dont know how to update a bios, then dont do it. if you mess up; your motherboard will be dead.

All i know is to never turn your computer off while its flashing, other than that i should be fine.

Well my bios was already better then the updates they had on the internet for ASUS motherboards.... Which doest seem right. So i dont know whats going on.

Update, Located the problem my ram was in 2 and 3 not 1 and 2 what a dumbass, but well CPUID told me what was up. lol. Thanks guys, im still geting a PSU might as well.

Back
Top Bottom