Making a how to build video need advice.

XpBeast

Baseband Member
Me and aces wild are making a "how to build your own computer" video for newbees and aney one elts. Give me some feedback on whut you think it should include. Its going to be a recording comp. And no fancy case eather so not to confuse peaple. The terms of parts and the how/whare to install, will be included alongwith price.

If you know how to build a computer, this should be a simple tutorial for you then.

Come on, you know, the basics?
PCI, AGP, Video cards, sound cards, CPU all the sockets they belong to. DDR Dimms

Troubleshooting when a new device doesn't work, a.k.a. refitting the device into it's slot.

Some advice...

I used to do a cooking show on yahoo once a month called "the single guys cooking show". I would just record it, edit, and stream it off my hard drive as if it was a live webcast. As I like my privacy, I attached a web cam to a baseball cap and did the show from the cooks point of view.
My point is when you make a "how to do this" type of video, the real star is the product. And as "how to" videos are a dime a dozen, you really need in my humble opinion, a gimmick. Something that says "I know what I'm doing".
In closing, it's a killer idea. Just make it look as good as you can.

OK I nead.....
PCI, AGP, Video cards, sound cards, CPU all the sockets they belong to. DDR Dimms. Troubleshooting when a new device doesn't work, a.k.a. refitting the device into it's slot. And a gimick, whut kind of gimmick?

Gimmick...

Ok a gimmick. Like a story of John that put a computer together and nothing works. He's about to take a sledgehammer to it when you and your friend pop in. Do a flash back and show how he should have done it.
You'll need a totally dead computer to make look bad. Then you go back and put yours together the right way. Maybe set up a second cam recording in timelapse. Say 1 frame per second. When you play it back 2 hours will seem like 20 seconds. Tack that on the end and have a voice over saying> Gee that didn't take long now did it?

Oh come on Kyle you know Im an awesome scriptwriter, is this thread really neccessary? i mean you do have me to work with after all:p (joking, im not really that vane) but im definatley sure we dont need help on this one i have no clue why he asked.
and BTW the only thing that will go in an agp slot is a video card they are not seperate! I know all of these things!

Good Luck, you better have good video cameras and you guys know how to explain what you are doing. You'll probably have to film like 10 hours to get 10 minutes. You should maybe take a peak at this site to help you make your recipes!
http://www.webopedia.com/

also if you could show how to download drivers and install them some of the stuff you all know ,but some of us have to learn the hard way.

Yeah include flashing the bios, people make mistakes wen they do that!!!! Also do a sketch on overclocking, i'd sure like to learn more about it!!

Back
Top Bottom