I have a Virus Please Check

coolhaggis

Beta member
I was on MSN messenger a week ago and someone i didn't really know sent me a couple of files. I havn't installed a virus checker yet (i know its stupid) on my computer but this person i knew wasn't malitious and wouldn't send me a virus.
I thought the files were pictures but when i went to look at them i saw they were ms dos application file!?!? This puzzled me and when i tried to delete them it did not let me. There are 8 msdos application files and 1 screen saver file all of which should not be where they are. If i try and delete these files they just 'pop' back in the same place again!! i can delete all but 2 of the msdos files (the same ones each time) but as soon as i delete any one of these 2 files all the files will return. Can anyone help?
My computer is doing some weird stuff mainly:
When i am running a media player (winamp, microsoft media player 9) and i try to open a file the open box comes up but the cursor flashes between a normal 'pointing' cursor to an hour glass cursor and back very quickly. This makes it difficult to click on anything. This also seems to happen when i try to browse when run (windows, r).
Can anyone please help me to remove this pest?
My system is Win2K. If you need any other information please ask, and please help!

Sorry

Something i forgot to mention is that i can not run a task manager. It just closes it as soon as i try to open it.

It's probably this stupid program called

MSCRON.exe

It doesn't let me open my task manager, try downloading sygate personal firewall, and then open it and if you see it just terminate it and see if it works.

That virus is going around msn.
You can delete it, but what it does is sends itself to every member of your contacts list.
delete any suspicions files in the my recieved. It is usually a msdos looking file. All you do is open your msconfig and disable all startup items, then restart, and delete the file.

i really hate viruses u knjo.... why do people have to make these... *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom