Help me hook up my new case to my new motherboard

sara_dippity

Baseband Member
Ok, so I've got all the parts for my very first custom built pc, and obviously I've never done this before. So in my motherboard manual, there are two front panel connectors (for the LED), JFP1 & JFP2 (forgive me if this is obvious and on all standard motherboards.) JPF1 has two pins, one marked positive, and the case has two cords with the female versions of the pins, one positive and one negative. Seems like those plug into the pins on JFP1, right? However, JFP2 also has pins for the case, but the diagram is a little confusing. It's possible that it's indicating that a four pin female thing is needed, or it's possible that only two seperate female things are needed, but then there would be two unused pins.... I'm guessing that JFP1 makes more sense, but I really don't want to do something that might cause damage, so I figured I'd ask.

Oh yes, and if my motherboard manual says that some pins need to be jumpered, but they come with little green plastic sleeve things on them, does that mean that they are already jumpered? They aren't all the way covered, it's like there is a tube around them, but they are open on one side so you can still see the metal of the pin.

Ok, I tried to get pictures, but my camera does not want to get pictures that close in this lighting. maybe later when my toddler isn't around I can try again with a flashlight or something.

Turns out that the way that seemed to make the most sense was indeed the correct way, and yes those are jumpers.

Back
Top Bottom