crap pc, need help...

mark thorpe

Golden Master
Hi, my pc is about 4 years old, whenever it is restarted it comes up with a message saying that is disk is unplugged and to replace the disc and press any key, the only thing is that all the discs are in place and if you turn it off and then start it again it starts fine, it does this every time you try ot restart it, its soo annoying, is there anything i can do about this, the pc is rubbish anyway, its about 4 years old, wasnt too good when i got it, even worse now, my sister keeps on loading up loads of ads and wont use firefox, could this be the problem? is there any way to uninstall IE on my sisters account, but keep it on mine for windows update?

thanks for any help you can give me :)

Your first problem sounds like a failing harddrive. Your 2nd sounds like spyware. If I were you, I'd reload the system. Format the harddrive and see if you find any bad sectors. There are ways to sometimes fix these, if you get them, but it can be a pain and might be a good idea to just get a new harddrive then reload the software on this. That SHOULD fix your problems...

Back
Top Bottom