something with my vid cards...

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
okay the only really high graphics game i play at the moment is Halo. now, Halo's vram requirements are : 32mb (minimum) and 64 (recommended). in my desktop computer i have 128 mb of vram. when i turn the Halo graphics all the way up, my framerate drops to about 1 frame per second, why such a lag when my vram is double the recommended requirements? also, on my laptop, i have 64 mb of vram and for some reason Halo doesn't allow me to turn on all the video options and the textures in the game look all funny. i don't get it. would that have anything to do with the fact my laptop screen is widescreen? i dunno. anyway, i'm at school right now, so when i get home i'll give you guys my vid card info. thanks in advance

Well the reason y things lok funny on ur laptop is probabably because it cant support textures and lighting, my brothers cant either and it really spoils the game. U may have enuff vram but the card itself might not be good enuff!! It may not have the power to use all the ram!!

Also having a good processor helps, and it seems that you have a pretty crappy vid card. If you have say a celeron, this could be part of the problem. Tell the specs of your system.

sry i never showed my sys specs lol, i was too lazy, but at any rate, i guess i'm stuck with fudged graphix on my laptop and 640X800 res on my desktop lol

btw, i think i do have a celeron on my desktop pc....can't remember lol

what video card is it? if you have an AGP slot get a 9800 pro and you wont have to worry. if you have the money and a PCI-EX slot get a 6600gt or a 6800gt like me

Back
Top Bottom