Hey guys Router problem?

FullMetal

Baseband Member
Hey guys I got adsl, and when I hook it up to my computer without the router it runs fine, when I put it into the router my comp wont connect and neither will my other computer .. anyone know how to fix it?
its a D-Link

when u say it wont connect, is that wen u add yr comp to the router or just the router??

if its the router try resetting the wan(internet) ip, cant rememder but will be in the setup somewhere, and check if it has a firewall enabled, if so try disabeling it and see if it works??

darv

yea, sorry for answering so late :p, yeah when I connect like when I join my computer into the router and my other comp into the router neither will work on the internet, but when I plug my computer straight into the ADSL Modem, it works fine... same with the other computer theres something wrong with the modem like blocking me... i dont know what :(

Configure your router to connect to the internet already? and if your still haveing problems go to the DM Zone, which is actualy the place you go to spacificualy let your computer have full access, with out hinderence. De Militerize Zone DMZ. Check that out and find your computer ip and load it in and see if that works.

just be aware that when you turn DMZ on it opens up all the ports on your computer and thus..opens up your computer to intruders.

did you configure your computer to run the internet through a router? you have to do that too, you can't just plug it in and it works. the router should have come with some sort of instructions

Back
Top Bottom