Help with: Mobo Display to Video Card Display

Nimandir

Baseband Member
I made a topic a few days ago where I had problems getting my monitor to work. I gave my computer to my Instructor at college and he took a look at it. He found out that my motherboard was bad, which I feared. Luckily, he slapped a new motherboard into it for free and even set up everthing but my video card and sound. I got the sound to work easily enough, but the video, I'm having problems with.

The motherboard I got is a Sis 530. Evidently, it doesn't support Duel Monitors. Any ideas how I can disable the mobo display and make my video card (Nvidia-158PCI Series, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440) the primary? I believe my instructor told me that he couldn't disable the mobo's display through CMOS.

Oh man that's an old motherboard. Something that old probably has jumpers on the motherboard you have to set to disable the onboard video display.

I see jumpers in different areas of the Motherboard. I've been reading the small text around them, but non give any hint they have anything to do with the video. Lol, the Sis 530 was the chipset, not the motherboard name. Does anyone know of any websites that can help me find out what motherboard I'm using? If I knew what motherboard I'm using, I could probably find a manual or something online.

I downloaded SISoft Sandra, but it says that I have to run it on a Windows NT OS. Sadly, I'm still running Windows 98 on this computer.

jack22 said:
search for "cpu-z" on google

Thanks, that helped.

Motherboard
Manufacturer: NEC
Model: FR520
Chipset: Sis|Sis530|Rev.: 2
Southbridge: Sis|ID8

BIOS
Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
Version:00.01.15
Date: 07/15/97

Well, I'm gonna look around for a manual somewhere. Thanks so much for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom