Who has the most fans in their computer

Where do you fit them all! Ive got two on my PSU, two in my case and soon to be 1 on my procssor. And no I have no pictures because 1. its just a case at the moment and 2. My camera is in new zealand...

Here's what I have in my PC:

1 fan on the CPU (of course)
1 fan for the chipset
1 fan on video card
2 exhaust case fans in the back
2 intake fans in the front
1 side intake fan
1 exhaust blower
Single fan power supply

I took off the hard drive cooler because the two intake fans were cooling it down quite effectively. My hard drive was strategically placed so the air coming from the fans hit the bottom of the hard drive.

My memory has aluminum heat spreaders because it's Corsair XMS and they all come with it. If I had a fan I can put at the top, that would be an exhaust also but I don't.

mini 2003,
I like how your cords are organized in that green mesh casings, can you just buy those at a computer store?

Hello...

2 80mm in front with the 3 hard drives in the flow.
1 80mm in back exhausting.
1 80mm cpu fan.
1 40mm vid card gpu fan.
2 60mm PSU fans. One intake from the inside of the case. The other blowing it outside.
1 40mm in front drawing in mounted on the Aerogate II controller. Was supposed to be for cooling the HD but no HD behind it.

As for temps>
CPU idles at 81F/27C. Tops out running seti@home at 104F/40C.
Hard drives (all 3) idle at 55F/12C. Working> top out at 80F/26C.
Motherboard idles at 57F/13C. Highest I have seen is 70F/21C.
Video GPU temp is currently 80F/26C.
Ambient air temp at the air intake is 61F/16C.
Exhaust air temp is 70F/21C.
Using the Cooler Master Aerogate II controller, I can balance the air flow to keep enough air moving to cool the system without making a bunch of unnessacery racket.
Pics of my baby>
baby001.jpg

baby004.jpg

baby005.jpg

baby006.jpg

i have 8 (including the chip set fan - maybe that one is pushing it!) its soon to be 10 though. Going to add 4x80mm in front instead of 1x120mm.
currently:
2x80mm back
1x60mm CPU cooler
1x80mm Side window
1x120mm front(controlled by homemade circuit!)
2x80mm PSU

so its 7 without the chip set cooler! its going to be 10 once i get the 4x80mm in the front!

On the subject of fans I was thinking of getting a vantec tornado! and chucking it on my CPU through a 60-80 converter, you think this will cool it a lot better? currently my CPU is at about 51C normal, even though i got rid of that stupid thermal pad and got some good grease on it!

jac006 said:
thats crazy gian... 11? geez. all i gots is 6. damn dude..

Well I never skimp out.. people say I overdo everything.. but hey I have a very low system temperature. Maybe not as good as water cooling, but pretty damn good. Looks like I'm solidly in the lead here.. heheheh..

Giancarlo said:
Crowded? That's not crowded. I do use cable ties.

That is pretty crowded. My friend uses shrink tubing, zip ties etc. and he makes everything all neat and organized. Mine is pretty bad too.

alvino said:
That is pretty crowded. My friend uses shrink tubing, zip ties etc. and he makes everything all neat and organized. Mine is pretty bad too.

Well, I did reorganize them, putting the wires in different places.. I don't like the shrink tubing or the green UV cable ties.. those never worked out for me. Mine is pretty neat nowadays.. I want to make sure I get good circulation. That's why system temps are so low.

Back
Top Bottom