WTF my GFX card gets 70 - 85 C when i play games, should I be worried?

Oh. My. God. You have XFX?!?! Wow...that is a major mistake my friend. XFX is known to have one of the worst coolers in the world.

came with my pc i didnt pick it, im calling them tommrow to get it replaced i still have a warranty

My MSI 6600GT runs at that high when playing games too especially the ones that demand a lot of 3d acceleration. At idle, I am close to where you are at, roughly 40 some odd degrees. We're in the same boat, but I think it's normal for our cards to be like this. Try putting an exhaust blower underneath your video card to draw out more heat.

try downloading a program called rthdribl, if you do a search you will find it. try running that and it will tell you your true temps because you can monitor them while its running..

alot of people dont even know their tru in game temps because temps drop really quick by the time you can exit out of a game, you will see with rthdribl... try it out

XFX has cool boxes though you must give them credit on that, but their coolers do suck. That's why I go with the OC kings, BFG. I got a card pushed way pass its stock speed.. like say 500MHz/1000MHz.

Yeah, XFX does have pretty cool boxes. But, I would rather have a quality card and cooler than a X shaped box. Go BFG! WOOT!

Back
Top Bottom