help please!!!

jack11

Beta member
hi, just wondering if anybody could help or give me some advice, my samsung vm8000 laptop constentley turns itself off (sometimes after 30 seconds sometime after 10 mins) its not beacuse off battery etc, if anybody can help please do
thanks

perhaps there's a heat issue with the laptop/CPU. Do you hear any abnormal noises coming from the fans? For future reference, computer related problems should be posted in the General Computer Hardware and Software section.

thanks for the reply, the fans seemed to be a little loud and i have recently brought a intel celeron 900 mhz processor (off ebay) as it needed a new one,could this be the problem?

I wonder if your fans are about to give up? If the fan is louder than usual then its probably turning faster, its only if its making a weird sound would it be not working. The fan usually works faster/louder when it needs to get rid of heat fast.

Have you tried checking the laptop bios for temperature of the cpu, if it supports temperature monitoring that is. If it is overheating then you'll notice the temperature constantly rising.

Your welcome. I'll probably be offline by then because I have to go to work. If the temperature is not the issue, perhaps scan your computer for viruses or spyware. At the last resort, reformat everything and reinstall Windows.

Back
Top Bottom