do these serve the same purposes

yes, they all serve the same purpose--connect to a wireless gateway or router in a LAN. I would say forget the Linksys and go with the GIgafast PCMCIA card because of the excellent reviews. The Linksys looks like it's been giving people problems.

yeah that's exactly what im gonna do, cuz my friend let me borrow his linksys , to test it out, and i saw that one for 2 bucks, and that's really awesome

I like to match my networking equipment though. If I have a Linksys router, I would get a Linksys network adapter. I'm not saying that there will be problems, but just easier to get support if they're all the same. All the equipment regardless of manufacturer use the same protocol and specs so I can't see why not a Linksys will not work with the Gigafast adapter.

well the thing is that i have a 2wire router, and i don't feel like paying 30 bucks to get its adapter id much rather pay 2 bucks and then get that masscool fan too :)

Defintely get the GIgafast. As long as your router is a 802.11b standard, it will work with no problems. I'm no networking expert, but it looks good to me. Now that you mention it, I don't know why people would spend the $30 for the Linksys? They're not going any faster..

Back
Top Bottom