$1500 Budget, Buying a gaming PC?

fultz

Solid State Member
Okay, I need help buying the best gaming pc I can get for $1500 or LESS. For that $1500 or LESS all that needs to be included is the computer. It doesn't have to include a monitor/keyboard/mouse or speakers. The computer will be used for gaming and software use but gaming will be it's primary usage.

The computer MUST include either an ATI Radeon x800 XT PCIe or 8x AGP OR an NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT PCIe or 8x AGP. It must also include a 16x DVD+/-RW Drive and a bare minimum of 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache HDD Space. I need a floppy drive as well and the case must have a sufficient power supply and must be able to handle another 2 additional hard drives. It also has to have at least 1GB of ram PC3200 @ 400MHz Minimum. I don't need SLI.

Any suggestions? Please post where I can get this computer too. It must include some kind of warranty.

Well this is what you should do ... 1500 dollars is a lot of money.. ok first of all....and you can do exactly what you want to do with it.... I bought a Dell 8400 top of the line with 512 mb memory 80gb harddrive and a wimpy 300x game card...... what you may want to consider is buying something like i did ok ... it has dual drives for dvd and cd rw and r.....the only thing that you are mainly concerned with is the game card.. the best ones come along at around 450 dollars... and upradeing your memory and hard drive are cheap... get yourself something with a P4, 512mb memory and 160gb hardrive that should cost you at least 800 dollars... and than put your own game card in yourself you will save money
go with a DELL get yourself a XPS or A 8400 Destop dimension save your money....

get an A64 3500+ make sure it is a winchester...get a 6800GT and a nforce 4 mobo, 1 gig of corsair or crucial ballistix, 160gig hdd, choose a case that you like, i have an x-navigator and it comes with a 500 watt psu. That should do it. Im pretty sure its less than 1500 (with all the optical drives that you want.)

For 1500 you can get a nasty setup, i'm assuming you can build your own. So don't listen to the dell guy, instead go ahead and my personal preference is ATI. So i'd grab that. Your going to need a 500 watt PSU, or around there especially to power those cards. I also highly suggest grabbing a 10,000 rpm 36.7 gb hardrive SATA. This thing is amazing, simply amazing.

Dell sucks. Yeah i would also go with ATI. Even 450 W is still a good PSU for you i think.

well....you want a gaming comp, what games are you gonna play? If its doom3 go with nividia, hl2 then ATI.

why dont you just go to newegg or some other site and pick your parts you already have all the parts you wanted listed.

Back
Top Bottom