Capital Punishment failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
in China (sorry gian for saying singapore) people make sure they kill any guy they run over rather then just injure them.

just making a comment I think capital punishment is right and just but every system has its loop holes that seem even more awful then the rules themselves. What I ment by the comment was the fact that if someone runs over someone with a car in china its cheaper for them to kill the person then it is to just injure them becouse if they are only injured they have to pay for that persons medical expenses and take care of them for 20 years while if they kill them they have to pay for the funeral and only take care of the family for 10-20 years its just alot cheaper in the end. I dont know if they have the same rules in singapore or not since I cant find a perfect reference to it.

You are making a comment about a society you know nothing about. Singapore is not in China. It is a city-state as we call them. A city that is its own country. It is actually next to Malaysia, not even close to China. They also carry out hangings which is cheaper then anything. They do it almost immediately after the sentence is carried out (the appeals process takes less time).

You quite frankly don't know what you are talking about. Singapore does not have those rules. Again learn your geography. Additionally, Singapore has the death penalty for murder cases (including hit and run cases).

Are you saying we should amend our constitution and take out the "cruel and unusual punishment" bit? Lol...

rakedog said:
Are you saying we should amend our constitution and take out the "cruel and unusual punishment" bit? Lol...

I think it is more cruel and unusual to keep someone locked up in a cell for murder, then it is to have them executed.

That's wierd, considering that you said that the worst punishment we can give convicts is no more life.

rakedog said:
That's wierd, considering that you said that the worst punishment we can give convicts is no more life.

It is... but it is not cruel and unusual. It is often painless and less expensive then life in prision. Besides because of liberals, life sentences usually mean 10 or 15 years.

Dude. No they don't. Life in prison without parole means... LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE. There is no second side to it.

rakedog said:
Dude. No they don't. Life in prison without parole means... LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE. There is no second side to it.

Dude get a damn grip of reality. They hardly ever hand out life sentences without parole because of you liberals. There is a second side to this. You are not looking at reality and what liberal judges really hand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom