Socket 939 vs 754

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Well I have a choice here. WHich ones better? The MOBO and processors are cheaper. I was going for the AMD 3000+ with a gigabyte GA-K8NS-939. But the MSI MOBOs are cheaper with the 754 socket in them. Which will be better for me (im a gaming man...)

Im in the same boat but I think I am going to spend the extra money. If you are a gamer then you want to look in to the new SLI motherboards and they are only availabe for the AMD chips.

My 754 has dual channel support too. I look at the benchmarks and there isn't much difference between my Athlon 64 3000 (754) and the 64 3000 (939). But still go with 939, the latest.

None of the 754 have dual channel support u have to buy a mobo that processes it instead of giving it to the cpu!! If the cpu proceses the information it is faster than the northbridge or the mobo chip doin it!!

I don't see much of a difference in speeds in the benchmarks I have seen between my 3000+ 754 and the 3000+ 939.

Then again I don't give. My CPU is more then enough to handle any game, or anything for that matter I throw at it.

go whit the 939 because i think amd is moving away from makeing anymore 754 now that they have the 940

Back
Top Bottom