Mozilla HTML editor...

Yeah but still - few people want to do that, less need to. Even then; people who can code from scratch in Notepad often like using things like Visual Studio because of the ease of Programming.

haha yeah, i've been programming in notepad [eg; c, html, php] since i was like 8 then found about dreamweaver when i was 13 >.>'

pcgodintraining said:
Hi. A few questions about Mozilla Firefox from a newbie to the subject:

*Which HTML editors work with Mozilla Firefox? Aren't they Mozilla Editor and Mozilla Composer? Or are those the same program?

*I am using firefox v1.0 and believe I need to upgrade. What is newest/best version of firefox?

*As far as I know firefox comes with it's own HTML editor included. If so, where the hell would it be, because I can't seem to find it.

1) Im not too sure if they are the same, i think they come with different version of mozilla but dont quote me on that.
2) v1.0.1 is the latest firefox, and as mentioned, just go to www.mozilla.org/products/firefox to check if you wish.
3)Im looking into this now, I'll update when i find it. (although i suggest notepad2 or programmers notepad.)

Hope thats helped.

EDIT - It would appear the method used in old versions of mozilla/netscape don't work in firefox. Sorry about that. I dont know.

What is wrong with you people??

First of all, one should use Emacs and not notepad!!
Also, FrontPage is evil, DreamWeaver is better but still evil, and why would you want to create a decent website with a WYSIWYG editor anyways?

Yeah, I started off with frontpage doing html because I didnt know any better. I've never used dreamweaver so I can't comment there, but notepad is the way to go really. You learn what you're doing and can apply it in many situations. Notepad2 is very good as it has highlighted syntax schemes for the majority of languages and isnt a complex program like programmers notepad is, which is effectively a multi-compiler. Once you can code from plain text, you'll never have to go somewhere and have to say "Ah.. You dont appear to have dreamweaver/frontpage.. I'm afraid I can't help you."
Fair enough if you know all the code but prefer using programs to do it instead, I have no complaints with that, but do as you wish. If you want a website and dont want to have to learn to code, then programs are the obvious choice.

Back
Top Bottom