How do I get a log of all keys pressed? (for a youth project comp. room)

sparhawk12345

Beta member
I am a supervisor in a youth project in North Wales. We are just about to install 4 laptops in the center for the kids to use on the internet but recent "behaviour" on the 1 desktop computer that we have at present (which we let them use as a "one off" to be nice!) has meant me looking into the following problem..... but so far to no avail!

I need to be able to review a log of EVERYTHING that has been typed on these computers while they have been active and I am looking for some sort of software to help me with this. Does anyone know of a program (preferably a legal one!) that would allow me to do this, or of any legal issues that doing this might bring up?

you're very unlikely to find legal key loggin software, besides if you real want to "monitor" internet "usage" and see "sites" people are reading, then a proxy server is your best bet..

ifou want to "steal" internet "passwords" to see "email" people are reading then I suggest you visit this link...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=key+logger&meta=

Re: Re: How do I get a log of all keys pressed? (for a youth project comp. room)

Thanks for the info. I really don't want to use this for "stealing" passwords! The main problem we had was that we think they were giving out the supervisors' mobile phone numbers in chat rooms. Obviously we will be banning most chat rooms - if not all - when we get the 4 laptops but I know the kids will find their way into somewhere they are not supposed to be!

go to www.privoxy.org or www.squid.org for free proxy servers.

personally I like winroute pro from www.kerio.com, it does cost, but it comes with a package extra called the Orange filter, this lets you specify categories of websites that are disallowed rather than the squid method of you havnig to manually enter disallowed sites.

the orange filter site list is maintained by an external company so you don't have to do anything other than switch it on.

That will be able to help you sdtop kids going to anysite they are not meant to.

all of those proxiesthat I mentioned also allow you to set a login so that you can have reports generated with usernames next to the sites they visit (handy if you have to dish out disapline, because there is no denying that it was the person in question!)

Back
Top Bottom