Computer Freezes When Runing at 2.2ghz Non OC

Duzz

In Runtime
Currently I have a problem which has been on my computer for about 2 weeks now since I just built this computer. The Computer Freezes when run at 2.2 GHZ. Just stopped. Here are my Specs of computer.

ASUS A7V600-X Mobo
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1gig Mushkin Ram DDR400
ATI AIW X9600 128mb
Heatsink Cool Master Jet 7

Alright this is what I have tried to do, not much but I have tried.

Bought a new Heatsink, CPU was running 53C now running 43C. Mobo runs constant 28C

Ive Read forums saying run this program and run that. But I havent Done that, the only program that i ran was CPUIDLE. That I dont even know what its doing so probualy useless.

Ive switched the ram slots around. Didnt help. It registers at 1024 ram, 1 gig. so not much to say about that not sure what my problem is to be quite honest. Whish I did so that I wouldnt have to run my CPU at 1.1 to get it to run games.

That gets me to another point, It freezes no matter what could be just loading up and freeze, playing game yeah its going to freeze. But when I run it at 1.1ghz im cool. Dont know what to do next please if anyone knows how to fix this or anything please let me know.

Duzz.

maybe you could give it back to AMD since you have a warranty and let them check it out, and if you do have the time and patience maybe you can check out each part individually if you have another computer.

I live in japan so i realy cant get it to Amd without a long time of wait, adn i cant swap parts to even check for this is my soul computer. I dunno what to think.

check and make sure that you have a high enough rated power supply...i reccomend at least a 400 watt for todays home-built pcs...also...make sure that the motherboard that you are running is rated high enough to take the processor you are putting in...just because it's the right socket...doesn't mean it is compatible...then send it to AMD for fixing (ps. i like your choice of an AMD processor)...just because i'm a newbie dont blow me off...im a computer repairman

im japanese :) and i love it there

well shit that sucks cant send it back to AMD..... OH!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT THE WATTAGE!?!??! ON THE POWERSUPPLY?! CUZ JAPAN AND AMERICA HAVE DIFFERENT WATTAGE.................
or maybe im just stupid

Well i have a 400w Powersupply, and to the comment you may have damaged the motherboard when putting in the heatsink, well if that was the case wouldnt it not work at all? just a question not saying i know it all. Oh and i do have let see, 4 hards drives and 5 fans running from the 400w powersupply would that make any difference?

ok ladies correct me if im wrong but dont the 3200+ come in 2ghz not 2.2ghz, because the 3500+ is 2.2ghz. sounds to me like its o/c even if u dont know about it. try turning it down to 2ghz or turning up the voltage on the cpu.

Im Positive that it runs at 2.2 not overclocked. But if you can prove me wrong that would be great, but the other fact is that it doesnt work on 1500 either.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Socket 939 Processor - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache, The Only 64-bit Windows Compatible Processor - Retail

Model# ADA3200AXBOX
Item # N82E16819103483

Specification
Model: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Core: Newcastle
Operating Frequency: 2.2GHz

They run at the same frecuncy...i didnt know that.

Back
Top Bottom