Power Supply Cord Shortage!

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I've run into a bit of a problem... Right now, I have a 450 watt power supply powering my computer, and it is running just fine, but I ordered a new video card (Gigabyte 6600 GT AGP 8x) and I noted that it needed a 4 pin power connector... Well, I've run out of them, because I'm powering 2 CD-ROM drives, 2 HDD's, and 2 fans (one has a "through" connection). I have no more 4 pin power left, so what should I do? I know you can get those SATA to 4 pin power cord converters, but are these good? I can disable one of my CD-ROM drives for a while, but at some point I'd like to get it back... Any thoughts on this? Also, how can you check the stress on your power supply? I don't want to run mine with too many things on it, but my system is stable right now. I can't find anything about it with SiSoftware SANDRA or the BIOS. Is there anything you can download that monitors it?

Thanks for your help!

-Jamxx

I believe you can buy y-adapters that turn one molex connector into two molex connectors...search around google

Ur card will more than likely cum with a y adapter!! I'd still buy one to make sure!!

480 watt is fine...for the longest time i had a hd..two cd drives...14 fans...and everything else all on a 300 w... for 2-3 bucks you can purchase a new molex connector...dont worry about too much draw on the power supply

Back
Top Bottom