corrupted or missing

Brackbob

Solid State Member
I just noticed that my mouse had returned to the original borring white, so i went to change it in the mouse settings and it gave me a bunch of crap about how some of the files are corrupt. Ive got Xp Pro by the way and i was wondering what to do do i have to reinstall xp??

Yea, you might have deleted the file by mistake and therfore it can't run...it might be missing a part or something. But you can download themes which can the mouse color too. Search it on g-o-o-g-l-e

Well the thing im afraid of is its not the only thing, i dont want to get a quick fix like that i mean if somethings wrong with windows could i just reinstall and that be it

i believe you can do a repair with the original widows disk when you boot from it, it gives you the option to repair. im not sure of the command to use though.

another way to repair is when you get to the windows install screen choose install windows, and choose to install windows on the same partition, then it will ask you if you would like to do a repair. No commands. ;)
but I don't think this is really a serious enough problem to do that. Is it possible to do a system restore?

thanks for the posts guys i got the problem fixed. i went into add remove programs and went to windows components and checked everything and reloaded it all using the xp disc...then i deleted internet explorer and by the way system restore didnt work

Back
Top Bottom