New Computer up!

Kage

Golden Master
Hi,

Got the new system up and stable. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to build :D

Games are so fast on it! Doom 3 can run without jerks at High Quality, setto 1024x768 and with 2x antialising, with the rsest set to high! Not bad huh?

3DMark 05 gets about 1-13 frames fps, and thats the fastest it gets... and the 2nd test fails because of a error message "out of video memory" :S Don't know what that means... I set the AGP aperture size to 256mb when the card is 128 to try and make it use system mem, and the next test ran at 0fps and then crashed with same error, so no difference changing that really...

CPU runs at about 50 degrees C on full load, with the motherboard set to Normal mode, at 2310mhz instead of default 2244mhz. I can make it turbo to run at 2376mhz with temperatures getting to around 65 degrees. Anyone have this motherboard to know what to change to get a higher overclock using OC Guru?

Its also quite a quiet system too... maybe a bit louder than the last.

*KaGe*

45-55 degrees is hot for a CPU running at full load? The cpu fan is running at 2520 rpm, but can be set to run as fast as 3090 rpm depending on load. System temp is 33 degrees C, and room temp is 28 degrees C, so 5 degrees hotter... that much?

I'll get a new CPU fan prob. people keep talking about the Zalman with copper cooling, that be enough?

I'm wondering if i should swap my two fans at the back so that one blows in and one blows out, because the big one at the front already puts air in. This might make a better airflow :)

I'm so happy with this PC though :D

*KaGe*

yeah, zalman coolers rock. you shouldn't change the fans at the back so one is blowing in and one blowing out, you should leave them both blowing out, it's important to have good exhaust on your system.
for a 64 3500, 50c isn't really to hot, but extra cooling can't hurt

What temps will i be expected to see then from the cpu?

I have switched one of the back fans around, but have gained 1 degree in doing so :s Better switch that back...

The weird thing is though, this mguru clock is showing the CPU temp going from 47 to even 53 degrees in a very short time and then back when nothing has changed, very weird... though the rpm of the CPU fan is going up and down like the dont know what hehe... might be something to do with the Cool and Quiet Technology?

*KaGe*

Get a thermaltake Volcano probably the venus model I think. and some arctic silver cooling paste (it does wonders) that will help with your temps.

Back
Top Bottom