HyTech setup (Model check/model verification software)

Jfuentes

Beta member
Hello,

I´m trying to install Hytech in a computer. I need to run it under Cygwin. After setting up the Makefile-gmake to the right system, lexical analyzer, compilers, etc. I executed the "make -f Makefile-gmake" instruction. The following output came up:

make -f Makefile-gmake */ i typed this line
flex -l hytech.l */ this was the first that came out
bison -y -d hytech.y
hytech.y:115.16:warning:stray, ´,´ treated has white space
hytech.y:115.22:warning:stray, ´,´ treated has white space
hytech.y:503.10:syntax error, unexpected "|"
hytech.y:517.10:syntax error, unexpected "|"
make:***[y.tab.h] Error 1

following the README file I found that most common error (the only that is documented) was a type mismatch that could be fixed by setting the system, lexical analycer, parser, etc. I did all that and tried "flex" and "flex -l". Didn't work.
After some help and research i found "make:***[y.tab.h] Error 1" could be related to using bison instead of yacc. Didn't get to far, i even tried byacc and cmake to see what was the result even though i wasn't sure what to expect, didnt work. I know that "***" means fatal error but, I have no clue where/what could it be. What I know is those characters are (hytech.y) there but don´t think that is the problem some how i'm messing up and something is not recognizing those characters...
Any ideas, comments, things to try? By the way, is there a way to debug a makefile, you know to go step by step to see where it gets stuck?

this is what i have:
cygwin 1.5.12-1
bison 20030307-1
flex 2.5.4a-3
gcc 3.4.1-1
gcc-core 3.4.1-1
gcc-g++ 3.4.1-1
make 3.80-1
Windows 2000 SP 4

thanks

Juan Fuentes

Back