Movie Editing

Jack05

In Runtime
hey all
I want to record movies off tv onto my HDD and figured out how, the next thing to find is a program so I can cut out those annoying commercials once it has been recorded, or alternatively a program which combines all the small files caused by me stopping recording when a commercial break is on and then re-recording when it finishes. I am keen on getting the card tomorrow so quick replies would be great
jack

hey cobra
cheers bud, had a look at that site, I figured if I can get software that can edit movies i should be sweet, once i decrypt it, it owul dbe pretty similiar to a home movie
jack
p.s need a free one though

*raises hand* I'm a video editor ;)

Video card? I think you mean capture card... Assuming you have one...on to editing software.

Windows movie maker would probably work for you fine. I used it a LONG time ago and I think it divides it up for you. Sometimes too much from what I remember, but it might be good for a beginner.

I used Ulead Video Studio when I first got started editing. It's not quite as easy just to clip out commercials, or the version I had wasn't, but that's an alternative. I got mine for a while $10 back then!

Are you wanting to just export to view on your computer or what? there are hundreds upon thousands of codecs and such you can use. Figure out how you wish to view the videos before you start compressiong or you'll loose most of your quality(compressing more than once is a no-no :p )

Back
Top Bottom