overheating while playing games

jack22 said:
Fans in a case doesnt really affect the cpu's temp, just the mobo's and cases temp.
they sure do....my Volcano 12 cpu fan blows towards the cpu, and therefore draws air from the case, if I turn my fans up the cpu temp will drop on account of the air inside the case being that much cooler.

thanks you all for replying but nothing is working i have bought a new heatsink/fan i have reset the bios i have done everything you guys have suggested but nothing seems to cool it down.
i do have 4 case fans in my computer 2 blowing in and 2 blowing out.

a freind was asking me about it and i was telling him what was going on and i told him i did not screw all the screws into my motherboard i have like 10 holes for screw i only use like 7 he said that might be my prob cause those are supposed to be some kind of ground can anyone tell me if this is true before i take everything out of my computer
thanks again everyone

Heat shouldn't REALLY bother P4's because don't they slow down enough to keep them from burning up? Tom's Hardware did a little think on that, and they didn't burn up without a HS, unlike the AMDs ;P

But yeah, something's wrong here... I wouldn't think it would get this high, but do you think you have too much termal grease? That can cause a problem... Why not get some high dollar stuff, clean up your processor and HS, then reapply just a bit... Just a dab on your finger and lightly coating the die is all you need... I redid the processor on my laptop and it runs a few degress cooler now!

I SERIOUSLY doubt a ground would be a problem, but it would be a good idea to screw them all down just to be sure everything is grounded proporly and the mobo is not being bowed...

If it was a gound problem most of the time your pc would not turn on unless it on the floor. BanChan what you mean that fan dont effect your cpu temp. Makes a big difference from how they are located and whats blowing in and out. A cpu with out fans it like a car with out cooling fans get my point.

ok i cant figure this out so i have another question

this setup was working just fine when i had my ide 80g hard drive in it
is there anyway it is doing this because i switched to sata?

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom