Celeron 2.8ghz to Athlon64 2.0ghz, good chioice?

BigLu

Daemon Poster
I've decided to go ahead and upgrade, now, this has probably been asked a trillion times, but. I cuerrently have a Celeron at 2.8 ghz, I found a great deal on a Athlon64 3200+ at 2.0ghz. Will this perform better than my celeron.Also, i want to be able to play all the new games, like Half-Life2. Will this processor be good for me?

Wow...anywaqyz a 3200 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then a celeron, the GHZ dont match u[p so dont look at it. A 3200 Is as good as a 3.2GHz P4, that shows you a comparision that you'll know. Now i hope you know youll also need a new mobo which i'll be gad to pick out for you if you need me too.

no i got one picked one out, i don't care that i can't OC, i don't know how, but MSI "RS480M2-IL" ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Chipset Motherboard

btw, i've been looking at that mobo, how is it??? DId you find any reviews on it that show it's abilities???

Yea, it is supposed to be great, able to play halflife2 pretty well, great sound, smokin fast, stays cool

interesting. How does it compare to some of the other quality boards like the MSI neo plat's and the DFI lanparties.

Well, for its price, it's the best i've been able to find, also, the integrated graphics save you a couple hundred bucks on a video card, so does the integrated audio (supposedly better than a platinum soundblaster)

Well, integrated graphics are terrible, so that doesn't amount to much.

Or, did they come out with some new technology in their integrated graphics???

Back
Top Bottom