Imac

TJBay

Beta member
Going nuts, I have a imac from four years ago, called apple told warranty over. After start-up of computer ballon pops up with reserve battery low saving memory will shut down in 10 secs. I have changed the battery. Techs where I work gave other suggestions to no avail. Unplugg harddrive to reset board. ANy help out there before machine goes thru window.

Thanks

Will you shut up Tommy boy and actually respond if you have something helpful and intelgent to say!

Hmm...that is an odd problem... Then again, this is more of an IBM place so noone is too experince with this stuff ;P Have you tried using another OS? Either booting from a CD or perhaps if you have some old Mac OS floppies lying around. I'm just curious if it's a constant problem, or just with your current install...

I'm sorry I can't be of much help...the last mac I worked on was made around 95, so I'm rather outdated :p

umm..... i will call a friend and ask him for you, but this is the first time i have heard of a problem like this. THis is rather unusual.

Also, tommyy boy. Imagine you worked hard for a couple months, to save up for 1000+ dollars and you go buy a piece of hardware. Then you find out that it crapped out on you. So you go into a forum and ask questions on it and ask for advice.
Out of the blue, some loser says, ah, it's a piece of trash anywayz, i'd throw it away.

how would you feel???

i agree with tommy boy, but try reinstalling your os if you have the disc or booting up into a mac version safe mode maybe. (i know nothing about macs so they might not even have a sort of safe mode feature)

I've seen this problem before! This is caused by a blown up capacitor on your mobo which is draining you power calling your operating system to power down due to incoming power loss.
If you have the patience, upplug your system and carefully verify for a split capacitor (small can shape electrical device). Once you've located it, if you can find a store ( or school) that has an identical one, solder it in place of the burnt one and then boot up.
Give news.

Thanks

Hey thanks to all for imput I do have HP with winXP so this is a extra machine my daughter had. I know its old but.
I have the repoot disc in the machine as soon as it starts it theballon appears and shuts it down. Again thanks

Repoot disc? LOL

Anyway, most computers that blow caps tipically don't work any more so I'm a bit suprised this one does, but I guess zero4zero has a point. Hopfully it's obviously blown and now just descreatly not working

Back
Top Bottom