phobias

Well thats lucky seeings as I'm not american. No your just an anally retentive angry, angry young man.

NOFX said:
Well thats lucky seeings as I'm not american. No your just an anally retentive angry, angry young man.

Well, that happens. I'm still libertarian nonetheless. I appeal to more moderate, decent thinking people.. the ones who don't have crazy ultra-radical thoughts as yourself.

For all you know, I could be laughing at you right now.. and guess what? I am... you're funny.

Thanks Giancarlo. I find you kind of depressing, your a sad case Giancarlo. Oh Well better you then me.

NOFX said:
He isnt exploiting he is supporting gays. Just not you, cause your mean.
he is exploitin gay people, do you really think he dd his "sodomobile" stunt for anything other than his own publicity? there stands a good chance that his stunt was approoved by the media stations first, and he was paid to do this...

As gian said he doesn't really care about the actual cause, just his fame and fortune at the end of his stunts!

Gian, you though I had sense, -I am amazed at that! I don't really support Moore, I find him entertaining, I still think that his support can help people in their causes, but I have to agree that the particular stunt in question is more likely to harm a movement than help it!

The point of the movement was to single out the homophobes in high places though, (and hopefully) rally support for their oponents, who are imagined to be much more well rounded/accepting individuals.

And isn't calling it "sodomobile" really good press for moderate thinking people? IT was all for monetary reasons for Michael Moore himself.

Root, I thought you had sense because I thought of you as a more moderate person then some around here. I find Moore entertaining and even funny at some times. I don't think his support is going to help the gay rights movement, and if it was up to me, I'd ask him to abstain because it will give us bad press.

He is going to hurt the gay rights movement in the image of moderates. The biggest group of Americans.. and quite frankly that's something we do not need.

If we want to rally support against people like Phelps.. we need moderates. NOT MICHAEL MOORE.

changing my views here...
I'm thinking Gian is right, the last thing a serious movement needs is a big fat bastard extreemist running around pissing people off...

then getting paid huge amounts for doing it.

NOFX said:
How can you prove that they would gain votes? Also votes for what?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=543314&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

"TOPEKA, Kan. Mar 1, 2005 — Voters on Tuesday upheld an ordinance that prohibits discrimination against homosexuals in municipal hiring, turning back a repeal movement led by a minister known for picketing the funerals of AIDS victims.

One of the minister's granddaughters, meanwhile, fell far short in her efforts to unseat an openly gay member of the City Council.

The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr. was seeking to remove from the books a city ordinance that prohibits discrimination against gays in municipal hiring. The repeal measure would also bar Topeka from reinstating such protections for 10 years.

In final, unofficial results, 53 percent opposed the repeal, with 14,285 voting "no," and 12,795 voting "yes.""

----

Something like that. Believe me, we would of been defeated in KANSAS out of all places, if we did not get the moderates in supporting us. If we had Michael Moore in town, we would of lost it. It was a slim victory, but in Kansas that's huge.

Thanks root for finally understanding...

Back
Top Bottom