CD Drives Jumper Setting

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I just got an NEC 3520A DVD Burner to replace my old NEC 1300A Burner, and when I put it in, the old jumper was it CSEL, so i left the new one at CSEL too, and my 2nd Drive was also CSEL. THen, it loaded and did the memory dump thing, so i turned it off, and made my new NEC 3520 MASTER and my old 2nd One SLAVE, is this what i had to do, or is CSEL for both better?? t

thanks

Yeah, just leave it as the same thing as the old drive and all should be good.

Good drive, once again, just don't try and burn cheap media ;P I have a disk that burnt using this drive, but then it couldn't read it O.O Other drives could...

yeah, i thought so, cuz Gateway had both of my drives at CSEL, and when I turned it on, it died LOL
but now it works

thanks

CS (cable select) will let your cable select which drive is master and which drive is slave. In the case of hard drives it is better to use CS to get your mobo get the maximum data transfer (Ultra DMA 5,6 etc.), but in the case of cdroms they never attain these values as they are limited by their hardware capacity (i.e 52x, 16x ) which are also adjusted to the media type. So is the case of cdrom leaving one master the other slave is appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom