HP Computer Warning

Bridger

Baseband Member
I just want to prevent more people from making the mistake of buying and HP Computer. The technichal support sucks, you can't understand the person's accent, and they refuse to help you unless you're within warrenty.

Also, they don't give you a CD for Windows XP. You get a program on your computer to burn your own "Recovery Disks". The program didn't work for my friends when it needed to.

If you do get to the point of no return, the "Recovery Partition" that is on your computer can format the HD and put all of the original programs back on (including all of the ads and free trials). The thing is, if a virus were to get in your recovery partition, you're screwed. You either have to pay someone to try to access you're recover partition (it doesn't let you through windows) or you go out and spend $199.99 for a non-OEM version of Windows XP.

Those are the options they give you.

Also, as I mentioned before it comes with "free trials" for expensive software that expire after a while and take up valuable space on your HD. It also comes with what I like to call "Legitimate Adware", although there is nothing legit about it. They put offers on your computer, and make your home page the HP website. Also, they alter the Windows Help screen so that if you click on "Parts and Accessories" it brings you to an HP site to buy their parts.

Speaking of their parts.

They are very cheap, and go bad quickly. I know a guy who operates a local cyber cafe, and also fixes computers. He says he gets more HPs in there than anything else.

Anyway, ending the rant,

DON'T BUY HP! Don't let their offers fool you. You can have a top of the line computer put together with custom parts for just slightly more. Spend the extra hundred, and get a custom computer that lasts you for years to come, and can be upgraded to fit the times.

- - Bridger

-

Yes i agree

I already know HP sucked

and also dont buy packard bell laptops-there power adaptors always screw up

longlivelinky said:
dont buy packard bell laptops-there power adaptors always screw up

I'll have to remember that.

I think I'll just go generic and build my own.

yep, id agree with the HP thing, i had a pravillion laptop and it all went wrong at the same time, it wasnt a virus and it didnt overheat, and it was a week after the end of waranty, so they wouldnt help me. i was soo annoyed about having to buy another lappy because HP sux.

Yeah. Another case of the HP syndrome. I'd stay away from most name-brands, but HP is the worst.

well i know 3 people who bought PB Laptops...all of which have been sent back for power adapter trouble lol. laptops work fine though, just the power adapter

Acer laptops are very good quality from what ive read and heard, i havent seen a single bad review on them in computing review sites

my samsung works fine so far, ive only had it about a month, but everything is ok so far, also i have a 2 year guarantee from John lewis and a 3 year (i think) from samsung.

you cant go wrong with samsung
theyre the most major memory maker and know what theyre doing when it comes to hardware

Back
Top Bottom