help with audio connections on case

lee42lee

Baseband Member
I am building my new system and need some help hooking up the audio connections on the case. The wires comming from the cae are:

Line L
Line R
Ear L
Ear R
GND
Mic N
Mic VCC

The Mic n and Mic VCC are connected together. The connections on the motherboard are:

Mic
GND
MIC_BIAS
Power
Front Audio R
Rear Audio R
Reserved
**No Pin**
Front Audio L
Rear Audio L

The case is a Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A
Aluminum Series and the motherboard is Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI. Thanks for any help.

Lee Harrell

Obivously, those don't match up. I suspect that the motherboard was made ot have some rear expansion added with a few additional ports. Assuming you don't have this, I'm sure there are ways to work around this...

What I'd probably do is connect the frong L/R to the Ear L/R. Now, I have no clue what those different mic inputs are, so you might have to tinker with them, but I'd connect that to your line in. As for rear...you're at a loss unless you make youreslf another port because I bet the mic port is simply mono. If this is not the case, you could connect the front and rear to the to the ports repectively, if you'd like...

GND is ground! 0V line so that one can be plugged in simply. Mic Vcc i would imagine is power for the mic, Vcc standing for Voltage Conventional Current (in that it flows from negative to positive) so i would guess at mic_bias or power! GUESS remember, i could easily be wrong! that leaves mic N to Mic. Im not sure on front/rear audio lines. Just guess and try a few, you should be pretty safe that you aint gunna blow you board!!!

let us know how you get on and which ones go to which :D

Ok guys I sent a e mail to Thermaltake and this is how they said to do it:

MIC_BIAS = Mic VCC
Front Audio R = Ear R
Front Audio L = Ear L
Rear Audio R = Line R
Rear Audio L = Line L

Thanks for everyones help.

Lee Harrell

Back
Top Bottom