Laptop... should i ????

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
Hello, im new to these forums and i just wanted to know somthing real fast... My friend has a laptop, its an early pentium 4 HP, that he says doesn't work, it turns on, but goes extremely slow and has trouble at startup. He hasnt taken it to a repair shop before so he thinks the causes are viruses (hes not too good at computers). He offered me $100 for it, and im not sure if i should buy it or not. I think that it might be bad viruses that a new hard drive and OS could fix, cause he goes on NewGrounds and other sites that have viruses. Please post i really want a laptop but dont know if this is a good buy or not. (i'm 14 so i have a low budget which is $200 right now and he said his dad payed $2000 for it)

ok thanks, i have only seen the computer once, but it looks pretty nice, and they dont game or anything on it so nothing inside like the mobo or the processer would be fried would it??? and if so is just a laptop case by itself worth $100? cause i was already considering to build custom one

build a custom laptop? Id like to see that, plz post pics if you do :)
but just for the HT P4, and the lcd on the laptop you could, salvage, thats i good deal, id do ot.

o my bad i didnt know custom laptops where rare, my bad. and thanks for the help guys i got questions awnsered in less then 10. again thanks a million

they arent rare i dont think anyway, Its just laptops are complicated to build in my opinion, (everything is so stinkin small) :p

It's near impossible.....machines have to do it since a lot of things are soldered on.

Back
Top Bottom