Centrino and getting a lappy

jack22

Fully Optimized
Ok. Can anyone find the GHZ comparision of a centrino to a P4, like 1.6=3.2 or something. Also which is the best/worstcentrino cpu?

I dont know the EXACT ghz for ghz equivlalent

all i know is the latest one has got to 2.2ghz which means from a purely logical and estimation stance it is within the same league as an intel 3.4 ghz roughly (considering centrinos always try to keep up with technology however im not gonna go above 3.4ghz as centrinos are a bit too small to get to that with there technology) so id say anything 1.8ghz upwards would be good

www.ebuyer.com has a range of centrinos(THEYRE DAMN EXPENSIVE)
they also have reviews there that might tell you what the ghz for ghz is :)

1.6 GHz Pentium M = 2.4 GHz Pentium 4M?

According to the various tests done on the initial Pentium M laptop computers, it appears that the real world performance of the 1.6 GHz Pentium M is at or above the performance levels obtained through the current Pentium 4M 2.4 GHz.

thats from http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/a/PentiumM.htm

If this is true then my 2.2ghz centrino would run at 3ghz to 3.2ghz
heh i wasnt far off :)

My laptop cost under half of that and my laptop beats it in every department apart from hard drive and battery life (my battery life SUCKS but im gonna get a 2nd battery soon)
and my HDD is 20GB smaller...1.6ghz centrino works at 2.4ghz pentium according to the site so a 1.8ghz will work at 2.6ghz to 2.8ghz pentium 4

I personally dont think that laptop is worth #1500
as it says-its more for business
and with a 4 hour battery life it definately is a brilliant business tool.
However a 5200 with 64mb of RAM wont run the newest games unless you put em on lowest of specs

If you want to play loads of games-its the wrong laptop...sorry

i use it for doing schoolwork mainly and playing halo on, i find it really good, esp the battery life, i can go a whole days lessons at school without having to plug it into a socket, which is really useful. i love this laptop and the wireless internet comes in really useful, also for playing halo it is fine, which that and going on the internet and school work is mainly what i do. i bought it mainly for the 17" widescreen which is really good for halo :D

Yeah fair enough if youre gonna use it for school its definately worth it for the battery life, i take it you like halo?
lol

Ive got that game...never finished it...I personally dont see why everyone loves it...its not bad...but not good either lol.
roll on HL2!...which i also havent completed due to my heavy college workload :(

lol...yeah :D i just like playing it when i get bored of ding school work, it makes a welcome break from work, also its the only game that i have installed on the laptop at the moment :D

I prefer GBA emulation games...you can play them during lesson and look like youre typing out work...

Halo involves a lot of mouse work making it more obvious.

I am of course not telling you to play games during lesson, i cannot be held responsible for your F grades lol

but if you know what youre doing in class....play games
lol

Back
Top Bottom