How can you change your ip?

jack22

Fully Optimized
Hello. How do you get a different ip? I have a router and i use a wireless LAN connection. I have like "Buddy" linksys or something like that where i get a signal from the router even though i gots to stay plugged in. I also have optonline. Any help would b appreciated.

umm if you want to change a puplic IP then you need to call Optonline and ask for it to be changed.. or you can use a proxy and have your IP routed somewhere else.

in most cases unplug the cable modem for atleast 30 minutes that will reset... and also if its just the router check out the WAN settings... i cant fully remember

pcmxkeith said:
in most cases unplug the cable modem for atleast 30 minutes that will reset... and also if its just the router check out the WAN settings... i cant fully remember

well not really.. the TTL on Public IP is more then 30 mins.. is usually a couple days.. sometimes weeks.. and the WAN settings is just going to allow you to change from PPPoE, DHCP, and STATIC for the most part.. and if he never got a STATIC from his provider then he can't do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom