very slow internet

skylinegtr

Baseband Member
hello everybody,
I live in BC, Canada and i have Shaw High-Speed Cable Internet. We have 2 computers one is my dads and one is mine and they are networked with a router, the router is a Network Everywhere NRO41 router and i try downloading stuff from kazaa emule or any downloading program i get very low speeds. I usually average around 3-12kbps, but thing is my friends could download the same thing with the same internet and get an average of 160kbps. Is there anything that i can do in the router settings to make it go faster? Thank you for any help or suggestions

kazza and emule downloads are not truly your speeds, you see, if the person that you are uploading from has a slow speed connection - say 56k or even 28k, they will be uploading so slowly that you cant download it any faster than the upload. Sometimes it helps if you click around to find a fast download, but sometimes you just have to sit and stare at the progress bar for a few hours. This might help determine your real speed of your connection. If it is still slow (If your speed is shown after the 30 second wait peiod as slower than what it should be, there could be a problem with your computer, the cable, the router, or even the ISP...

Thank you for your time,
Itsme

intenrnet speed

have you chekced that you are not infected with a virus?

if you machine is infected it may well be a spam gateway.

If so, update your antivirus software and install a firewall such as zonealarm.

try downloading something from www.downloads.com to get an indication of you actual download speed.

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

yeah u might be infected by a virus, kazaa actually comes with a virus but i dont know wat the virus does.

Back
Top Bottom