Norton Full System Scan Problem

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys (again).

It's that blasted Norton software acting up again. Here's what's going down now. Whenever I try to run a Full System Scan with Norton Systemworks 2002 (it still works), about 2-3 minutes into it my computer just reboots randomly. I don't think it happens when a specific file is being scanned. Has anyone else had this problem? Or what do you think it could be? I need to do a scan, but it won't work! :confused:

Thanks!

-Jamxx

scan with panda online virus scanner and see if you get anything then with spybot and then if it still doesnt work try reinstalling.

No, I don't have a Virus, I know that. I think I might just re-install Norton, like you said. Hopefully that'll clear it up.

Hold on...

Run any virus scan from safe mode. If you think you have a virus then disable the restore points first. The nasties like to hide out in the restore points. If not and just looking, then just run from safe mode.
NOTE: Disabling restore points will delete them, but sometimes there is no other way. Be sure to re-enable them after the scan.

i have a 3-user norton anti virus 2005 just laying a round......havent used it........

Well, what are you going to do with it then? Hmm? HMM?!

Haha, I'm just kidding...

I removed Norton Systemworks from my computer today, re-installed it, and now it works. Thanks for that idea! Now I've had a system scan and my computer is happy!

Thanks again!

-Jamxx

Hey ive got system works 2002 also, still works pretty good, maybe instead of doing a full system scan, next time just scan certain folders you wanna know about.

Back
Top Bottom