graphics card help

from what i can see you dont have an agp port. on plain mainboards such as you the agp pot is normally brown and it would set back slightly further than the pci slots.
As for fitting the graphics card all ya need to do is slot it in! its really that simple. install drivers if it really needs them and thats you. if you were buyin a graphics card now you'd need to get a pci one and that aint really worth it! how old is your computer!?

so i shouldnt even buy a pci card???? and if i do which slot does it go in????its a year old compaq presario

but it doesnt run good games on any setting..... its pentium 4 but i need a graphics card..... so your saying the pci card aint worth it?

your computers a year old and it doesn't have a agp port!? my old one is 2years old and even it had an agp 4x slot. if its p4 and you happy we processor just buy a new motherboard. pick up a decent one for £30 with agp 8x, then get yarself a graphics card. make sure mainboard right socket. pci cards ain't worth it now. agp kicks the shit outta pci! of course now agp is being taken over by pci-e but that's irrelevant. have a look about for a decent board then get yar card! theres my advice

but if i was looking just to play games on a decent level a pci card would do fine... and which pci port does it go in??? theres like 4....

they all same just shove it in any one! (normal to put it in top one for some reason! - prob cause modern graphics cards have large heat sink and need the extra space! - but your pci wont :D )

pci graphics cards are hmm whats the word!!!! you say for gaming but what kind of games! i dont see you getting half life 2 working on it or anything like that!

You only have regular PCI. I would reccomend that you save up for a new computer instead. Just custom build one.

PCI video cards, as said by both of these knowledgeable fellows, are trash. I agree with them... Build a new computer! It's fun, and it's relatively easy. Just make sure to get yourself one of those anti-static discharge mats, make sure you have everything you need, and go!

Back
Top Bottom