DSO Exploit

bugsy153

Beta member
I found this thing on my computer called "DSO Exploit." What is it and what does it do??? What are some suggested acts that I should do regarding this file.

Oh Boy, Here we go...

5 will show up in a scan with anti ad/spyware scanners. These come from Windows Media Player. Nothing can be done as far as I know to shut them off or get rid of them. When the scanner removes them they come right back.
What Media Player's DSO's do is tell a database what you like to see and hear. Harmless dribble. It doesn't tell them who you are just what Player so and so is doing as far as type of entertainment. It makes it easier for the vendors to target you with your type of entertainment.
If you use Spybot S&D, it has a plus next to the DSO's it found. Click on the plus and it shows you what program is generating them. Any other than the 5 Media Player is generating and it's time to look at your other programs.

Yeah, as long as you have all the updates, I've read that this is harmless. There is a way of stopping the computer from seeing DSO exploit in Spybot, but I don't have it at hand

Don't worry though :p

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom