3200+ slower than a 2.0 ghz P4!?

BanChan said:
My mom bought a HP.... yes i know

it has a AMD 3200+ XP not 64, and it is so slow.... and crappy. Now my old computer which was a sony vaio is 2.0 ghz P4 and it is acually faster than it. is there anyway i can get that thing to go faster? i acually was thinking of re-formatting but then

#1 they didnt give me the cds
#2 even if they did, it would have all the commercialized crap on it

plz help

Thanks
The recovery software is on a hidden partision. Find a link to creating the recovery cd's. You either do the recovery from there or make the cd set. I have a friend that has one of those HP "kits" and he could just scream. They do some things like surfing very well and balance the check book with ease. But for gaming and really hard core gaming it's not even close to that class of machine. It's your mom's toy so best to just let her play with it and you use your p4.

Giancarlo said:
Yes the motherboard can actually make it very bad. It is like the companies that use crappy Foxconn motherboards (I think Dell uses them). It kills a lot of performance. And chances are they packed it with slow ram and a slow hard-drive.

It actually depends what Foxconn mobo you get. The high-end ones are actually good for budget gaming systems.

reformat the hp, hp loads soo much crap on their pcs that slow them down, it will run alot faster if your reformat with a xp cd and not one from hp

Yeah, HP and Dell both pre-load their computers with so much crap that it's unbelivable...:eek:

yea.

Seriously, go get yourself a copy of Xp pro.

You'll see at least a 10 percent raise in performance due to all the crap that you removed. Also, make sure that you scan for virus's and adware.

good luck. Also, see if you can return the comp and go get a dell. Cause dell's aren't as bad as HP's. Dell's aren't amazing, they're just mediocre, but u will know that it's better than HP.

I always thought HPs were better. Well I'm satisfied with their printers. And XP Pro is expensive.. and besides there is no difference between it and home edition... PRo has a bunch of extras in it that the average user doesn't need...

well i dont wanna get a copy of xp cuz itl cost me another 200 bucks, and pro will cost me 300. i can get a freaking 6600

It doesnt cost 200, it cost 80$ for an OEM upgrade which is fine as long as you have any type of older OS laying around.

Back
Top Bottom