3200+ slower than a 2.0 ghz P4!?

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
My mom bought a HP.... yes i know

it has a AMD 3200+ XP not 64, and it is so slow.... and crappy. Now my old computer which was a sony vaio is 2.0 ghz P4 and it is acually faster than it. is there anyway i can get that thing to go faster? i acually was thinking of re-formatting but then

#1 they didnt give me the cds
#2 even if they did, it would have all the commercialized crap on it

plz help

Thanks

Um lets see here...
probably the reason it is going so slow, is because Hp usually uses motherboards with junk chipsets, my parents got an Hp too only theres has a 2400, and I opened it up and bam I found the problem...
HP uses junk for chipsets. Can u guess what chipset it was...? oh yes i bet u can, the worst one.via km266! it wasnt even the pro one!. I bet if you see what chipset it has in it, that it will be junk... thats why it runs slow, because I have the Nforce 2 ultra 400 chipset, and mine runs like a dream....

Yes the motherboard can actually make it very bad. It is like the companies that use crappy Foxconn motherboards (I think Dell uses them). It kills a lot of performance. And chances are they packed it with slow ram and a slow hard-drive.

thats a bright side... try and convince your parents to let you "FIX" their computer and talkin them into buying a new case and mobo.
BTW just because ram is pc-3200 doesnt mean its fast, it could have horribly latency timmings, remeber the lower the latency the better.

i screw with my moms computer all the time, i test their ram, and take out the cpu and run it on another kid's comp for fun

yeah....... ima go buy a burrito

Back
Top Bottom