run time error for games

towly

In Runtime
new here.

i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

every time i go to play a game it gives me a run time error for the game(s), the only game i can play is need for speed underground 2, the error message is:

thanks

Plz post ur system specs and i can help you, I got this error once, before I had my new comp... post specs and I can tell you why.

processor:

amd 2400+ xp

ram:

512 ddr

vid card:

ATI 9600 radeon

Windows XP pro, service pack 2

hmm yeah, i was thinking about that being a cause, cuz UT2k4 also ran fine before sp 2 and now it doesnt work.

how do i uninstall sp 2

system restore to a point before Service pack two, Sp2 does this to alot of things, before you do system restore, try updating your vid card drivers. because that is a video card driver error, it means that the driver is stuck in an infinite loop. I.E. all 0's and no 1's.
if updating your vid card driver dont work, try reinstalling your games. and if that dont work, then do a system restore to before Sp2.
BTW when I got this error it was because I had gotten a 8x agp grahpics card, and it was meant for a 2x agp board, so everything went haywire. BUT does your motherboard have one of these chipsets?
km266
km266pro
km400
if it does, theres no helping it really thos via chipsets are just finicky about vga cards...

okay i uninstalled sp2 and now it says that i am missing a component but reinstalling should fix the problem

im gonna reinstall and hope it works

well i reinstalled RTW and it worked, looks like sp2 was the blame for the problems

thanks for your help ace

Sometimes after SP2 you must uninstall your card and re install in order for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom