Can anyone help? (xbox problem)

The Prophet

In Runtime
Whenever I play games, they run really slow. Alos, my xbox seems to freeze a lot and not even play some games. All of my game disks are immaculate, and it says there is a problem with the disk I am using.

Does anyone know what this could be? Although my xbox is a good 4 years old, would they do anything for me? I heard they don't do much for you.

It proboably has a Thompson drive if it's 4 years old. Thompsons are known to be crappy. If you are getting Dirty disc errors and other things simailar to this, then the drive is probably giving you the problems. You could search around where you live and find a store that will replace your drive. It won't cost much. OR you could by those Laser Disk Cleaners. They are sold at various stores. If these don't work, go on the xbox forums, they can help you there aswell.

I've had that problem. I did everything I can do, but didn't solve the problem. I just sent it back to Microsoft because I had warranty left. I think they either gave me a new one or a refurbrished one.

Hmmm, mine is out of warranty, but they have had that recent thing with their power cords, maybe that could have damaged something?

Possibly... Just call microsoft and find out. When you call them, say "I suspect the cord may have caused the damage." You will have a good chance of winning :)

go now!

go to this site immediatley, they give step by step xbox cleaning and repair instructions, and they sell new xbox parts, BTW they are the real deal, I bought a clear Xbox case there, llama rules...
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_repair.htm
BTW my xbox did the same thing, i just cleaned everything in my xbox, i even opened up the dvd drive 2 clean it.

Yeah, I like the site. I may just buy a new DVD drive.
I'm prolly going to end up buying a new case and some LEDs also. Yhis stuff is neat.

Back
Top Bottom