Can anyone help?

Philthepill

Baseband Member
I need to kno how to OC an older computer i havent been using to make it more productive. Here r its processor stats:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Socket A
2200MHz, FSB: 200MHz, Bus Speed: 400MHz, L2 Cache 512KB,

ASUSTek Computer Inc. Motherboard---Model: Kelut. Chipset: VIAKM400. Southbridge: VIAVT2837. Sensor: Winbond V83697HF. Brand: Pheonix Tech. LTD.

Other less important stats:
512 DDR SDRAM, 200GB HDD, IGP Video card, AGP port available

you can go into bios and up the FSB, but make sure you have a good enough PSU, mine burnt out when I first did that to mine, or you could change the clock multipliers in bios ("IE" change multiplier from 10 to 11)
and anyway athlonxp3200 isnt that old, it can wipe the floor with any celeron or celeron D......

ACES WILD said:
you can go into bios and up the FSB, but make sure you have a good enough PSU, mine burnt out when I first did that to mine, or you could change the clock multipliers in bios ("IE" change multiplier from 10 to 11)
and anyway athlonxp3200 isnt that old, it can wipe the floor with any celeron or celeron D......

How do i get into "BIOS" or the "clock multipliers"

You paid 5500 for that? Rip offfffffffff.

turn on>press delete>look for cpu soft menu>change fsb a LITTLE>Change your cpu:ram ratio to 3:2>Turn off and on. Repeat steps 1-4 until unstable.

jack22 said:
You paid 5500 for that? Rip offfffffffff.

turn on>press delete>look for cpu soft menu>change fsb a LITTLE>Change your cpu:ram ratio to 3:2>Turn off and on. Repeat steps 1-4 until unstable.

ok but what do i need to prevent overheating. This one is a Compaq stock straight from circuitcity

Back
Top Bottom