Asus A8N SLI motherboard

UKTrotter

Beta member
I have just got a machine with the asus motherboard and cannot get any sound from it at all. It is using realtek EZ connect and reporting no hassles with the speakers. All basic audio settings are fine (no mutes etc.). The BIOS options are enabled and all drivers are latest versions. I have tried every option with the troubleshooter and no conflicts etc are reported.
It is really frustrating me!!!!
Am I mssing something really stupid?

System spec:
ASUS A8N SLI mb
Athlon 3200+ Proc
1024 Ram
6600GT GFX x2

Yep. Tried the one available on the motherboard CD and then downloaded the latest version. Tried both overwriting the previous version and uninstalling the current version and then reinstalling the new driver. The machine sees the drivers and reports no errors. It is also enabled as the correct sound device
Forgot to say before but the speakers definately work.

HAve u got the speakers plugged into the right connector on the back, u may have accidentally put it in the mic port!! Oh btw nice rig u got there!!!

Very nice comp.

Nice comp there m8.
are you using realtek AC97 audio codec?
if you are, then try going into your control panel and into the sound manager. make sure you have your sound and speaker options configured there as well as in the windows audio options. or worst case scenario. RMA and get a new board, or get seperate sound card, I recomend audigy 2 ZS gamer edition.

Yeah i dint realise how much more performance a seperate sound card gives u in games!!! summat i'm gonna have to invest in!

Cheers for your help all. No luck so far. Tried every possible jack port in the back and still no fortune. Configured both the windows and the standard audio options.
Me thinks the onboard audio is a bit knackered so I think a seperate soundcard might be the best option, although the bridging of the GFX pretty much leaves me with little space to play.
Ta again for the advice on the card
MB

Back
Top Bottom