Restrict Memory Usage?

Bajawoojie

Beta member
is there any possible way to like.. restrict memory usage. so that it doesnt use more then 400 meg or 60% cpu, or what ever i set it to?

Thanks
-=Bajawoojie=-

Um...and why would you want to do this?

For restricting memory, you can disable or manually control virtual memory. This does speed up your computer if you don't need more than however much system ram you have, but can cause problems when you actually DO need more(some games do require around a gig or memory!

As for processors, I'm sure there's something out there. I used to have something that let you emulate slower clock speeds to run older games. No CLUE why you'd want to slow it down, but that would be about the same really...

Well in programmers language, a memory not used is a useless memory!
If your system is using a lot, why not buy more! This way you will have lots left.
If you want to limit your CPU usage, you might want to check the list of services which are often not necessary. You can go to this site http://www.tweakxp.com/ and under services, check the ones you don't need.

sorry.. im not that good with hardware stuff.. im more of the gfx/software person.. for some reason i was thinking that when the memory usage is all the way up.. it starts to go a little slower.. so if you could make it so it dont go all the way up, it would stay going a lil faster.. well nevermind lol sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom