New system spec!!!!!!!! What do you think?

Why are you worried about case fans? I bet you that case uses 80mm fans. Mine does, and most others do too. They are not expensive; only about 10 bucks for one (with lights)! I have 2 in my computer right now and it runs nice and cool. Just for good measure, whenever I'm out at CompUSA or something similar I'll pick up one more as I have another slot for one.

Hope that helps.

-Jamxx

EDIT: I looked back at the first page, and if you're talking about that large fan slot in the back of your case, I believe that is a 120mm (can someone verify this... I'm not positive...). Sorry about that!

I just had no idea what size fan they would be. So thanks for that.

One other thing, what order should you build your computer? I have the case and PSU coming on monday. Then im planning on buying the MOBO, processor, RAM, CD-RW/DVD-RW drive and then after a long wait the graphics card. Your specs are very similar to what I want jamaxx, might have to copy you!

oh and by the way

MOBO CHANGE!- S939 nForce 3 Ultra- £52

much cheaper and does what i want it to do...

You mean what order to do it all? If so, then here's what I did. First, I put the CPU on the motherboard (using Arctic Silver Thermal Paste) and installed my memory. Then, I mounted my motherboard inside my computer, and made sure that nothing on the underside of the motherboard was touching the metal except the little hole-edges (in the motherboard) that are supposed to. Then I put the stuff on the motherboard (video card, PCI cards, etc.). Next, I installed (respectively, I think) my top CD drive, lower CD drive, floppy drive, and finally my hard disk. I made sure that all of the jumpers were set correctly, then laid out the cables to go to each thing in order just so I didn't forget which went to what. Then I installed a fan on the back of my case. Then I connected everything together! And I was done. (If I forgot something, remind me, and I'll tell you when I did it.)

PLEASE tell me that's what you meant. PLEASE!!! I had to remember from a whole month ago!!! :D Hope it helps man, and good luck!

-Jamxx

your getting me really worked up now.... I thought the CPU just sloted in and you didnt need to apply any paste...Do you have to use it?? What are jumpers??

I think i should get someone else to so it for me.....

No, man! Build it on your own (you know you want to...)! It's fun! Don't worry about it... I'm not even too sure about all of that jumper stuff, but the instructions that you get usually tell you what to do and how to put them in order for the thing to work correctly... Just don't get impatient and read the instructions carefully!

The paste is really easy to install and everything. You just put a glob onto the top of the CPU after slipping it into the slots, and plop the heatsink on top of it. Really easy. Just make sure you order some, the processor (even if it is retail) doesn't come with any.

Hope that helps!

-Jamxx

P.S. - I'm an idiot 13 year old and I even did this without fault! If I did it, then you can do it my friend... I have the attention span somewhat like that of a flea's. :D

Back
Top Bottom