dvd rom does not read cd's

vijaygunners

In Runtime
my friends Dell laptop only play dvd's, it doesnt play music cd's even software cd-roms.
he thought about updating drivers but could not install internet software to go on the net.

any ideas?

no, drivers will not be the problem here, what is the make and model number of the dvd drive and i will take a look for you.

Post ur model# and such, maybe a firmware update will help?
try getting a usb thumb drive and go to a dif comp. get the firmware, put on usb drive then install on the laptop, that may help. or not, just a guess.

Did it ever work? I know we have a DVD player that was left on play by mistake for a long time and now it won't play DVDs, only VCDs and any other standard disks... Maybe it's something with the lazor, as I suspect with this one... I beleive the one for DVD's and CD's is different, but I'm not 100% sure on that...

he said its a Dell inspiron 1100 model PP07L and the drive is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N

All it plays is dvd's, no cd-roms, music cd's or anything

vijaygunners said:
he said its a Dell inspiron 1100 model PP07L and the drive is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N

All it plays is dvd's, no cd-roms, music cd's or anything

anyone know then?

I'd think all DVD players would run CD's, though it does need another lazer to do so. The DVD lazer is of a different size and wavelength... and normally they have two, one to run each format...so I'd assume the drive is buggered...

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom