Upgrade Old Amd K62-500 Packard Bell

nickfowler

Beta member
I Currently Have A Packard Bell Club 69 Amd K62 -500mhz With 64mb Ram On Win 98. I Am Desperately Looking For A New Motherboard Bundle Inc Around 1.8 - 2.0 Ghz Processor With 256mb Ram H/s And Fan. I Need To Know If Any Current Motherboards Will Be Compatible With Win 98. If So WHICH ONE CAN BE RECOMMENDED Please. I do not want to spend more than about £40 on a motherboard though.

With respect I dont think that you have read my question properly as I am none the wiser. My question was what motherboard will work with Win 98 and is recommended. See original thread.

It's not if a mobo is compatible with an OS. You have to find the system requeirments for windows 98 and see if your computer meets them. I'm in the states so i don't know an online european store so mainly, your need anough ram and a good enough processor to use an OS and 256mb ram and 2GHz rpocessor would do it.

See i helped you know.

Sorry for being an ass.

I dont know much about UK stores, but on newegg.com you can get a biostar mobo, with a sempron 2200 and a cpu fan for about $86 US dollars, BUT IT DOES NOT COME WITH RAM, so shop around newegg some more, and you can find 256mb pc2700 ram for around 27 US dollars.
here are the links
mobo+ cpu http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ProductDesc.asp?description=20-223-005&depa=0

I live in the US so I can't direct you to anything, but I would suggest just getting a whole new system. Cases arn't that expensive, most come with new power supplies, and you'd be getting most everything else.

As for compatability, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Many boards still come with drives for most OS's, and on your budget, you'll probably get something older anyway. Also, if you find a good deal, check out their website and see what support they still have for the board...

Back
Top Bottom